Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NGRP Grove Street Families

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to our new forums - New updates coming soon - Make sure to check out the Announcements section

Reporting about live incidents

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jake_Biggums

Jake_Biggums

Reporting about live incidents Empty
PostSubject: Reporting about live incidents   Reporting about live incidents I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 2:44 pm

Reporting live incidents

As you may have noticed, admins will often trash your report if you create a report like the following:

'I just got KOSed, revive me!'

When reporting for an admin in a live example of a rule being broken (e.g. DM, KoS, RK, etc), you must remember the following instead of getting annoyed because the admin may not punish anyone:

•Depending on how busy we are, we may not respond to your report instantly. This could mean that by the time we spectate you, the situation is over.

•In examples such as DM, we may not be able to tell if the situation was roleplayed or not. As a general solution to this, avoid reporting for Deathmatch, but instead take screenshots as it is occurring so that you can make a forum complaint. Make sure you include any firearms that you may wish to be refunded for the complaint.

Because of this, admins can only take action on live incidents if:

•They see it occur from the absolute beginning.
•They continue watching after your reported incident has been executed to see if it occurs again. For example, if they DMd you and the admin spectates half way through, they can watch to see if they continue on to deathmatch somebody else shortly after without any roleplay. In this incident, the admin can revive you (AVOID /ACCEPT DEATH!)
•The situation is an exception such as Revenge killing. In that case, they can simply consult /kills (which can be confusing and not instant to prison) and see if anything has occurred before.

As a general solution to the outlined issues, the simple way to avoid any of this affecting you is as follows:

•Take screnshots of every action that occurs in your report. This includes (but is not limited to) - chatlogs, your firearms, what's physically going on, etc. That way, a complaint can be made on the player even if the admin can't help you at the live incident.
•Never report the PAST TENSE. If something has already happened, an admin can ABSOLUTELY NOT HELP YOU, and you are almost certainly guaranteed to receive either a response telling you to post a forum complaint or that your report is invalid. An example to a report in the past tense is 'Help! I just got DMed!'
•Don't rely on /report for issues like these! There is only so much we can do, and we don't have eyes EVERYWHERE.

Best of luck and we hope you can remain safe with these tips!
Back to top Go down

Reporting about live incidents
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Information-
Jump to: